Wednesday, February 3, 2010

stand

Today has been a day that I did not exactly enjoy which is why it is so puzzling that I do not wish to go to bed and end it. Non the less I sit here at the wee hours of the mourning with an early class looming in my future and too much on my mind to let it rest.

Yesterday afternoon, my dad gave me the news that a dear friend of mine has cancer, and that it is severe. Every word I get from home is a bad one as far as he is concerned. Today the weight has just been so terribly heavy. I spoke with my Mother on the phone and she could not begin to hide how badly she was doing physically.

I imagine an appropriate description of my emotional state would be the sweater that has been snagged on something and a single thread is continuously being pulled, eventually but gradually the sweater completely unravels...I just pray no one is around when that happens.

A verse my Dad likes to quote cam to my mind through out this day of frustrations,

Ephesians 6:3
"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

No comments:

Post a Comment